Friday, April 22, 2011

Spring Break is Here!

My bags are packed and now I’m waiting for the car to come pick us up and take us to the airport. I’ve mentioned it in my past few posts because I’m so excited, but just incase you missed it, I am heading off to Lebanon with the Junior Fellow Program for our spring break! We are going to spend a few days exploring Beirut, then heading north to Byblos, possibly going further north to a seaside city Tripoli, and then going east into the Bekaa Valley to go to some small cities and wrapping it back up in Beirut for another night. 
I am so excited to get out of Jordan and see another country. I love Jordan, but I’ve done just about all that there is to do. I’ve been to the major cities, seen countless ruins, ancient cities, went to the desert, and just about all of the historic/must see sites that Jordan has to offer. I’m ready to see what else the Middle East has to offer me. I’m particularly interested in Lebanon, a mix of east meets west, different cultures combining, sometimes colliding. I’ve heard only wonderful things about Lebanon, Beirut, and the Lebanese, from the food, to the people, to the cities, the beach, and architecture, it’s supposed to be fantastic, after all it was dubbed the “Paris of the East” plus, I get to speak French, which means I will be able to get around much easier, and I love when I am able to use my French. 
Anyways, this is a very short post, but I just wanted to do a quick update. I won’t be bringing my computer with me so I won’t be able to do any posts while I am there, but I’ll obviously be doing a presumably lengthy post about my vacation in Lebanon. 
Till then!

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited to hear all about you trip & see your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun on your trip! I can't wait to hear all about it! Yay for French!

    ReplyDelete